Shift Knob Adapter Installation Instructions:
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW SHIFT KNOB TO "BOTTOM OUT" ON SHIFTER SHAFT. THIS COULD CAUSE INTERNAL DAMAGE WHICH COULD CAUSE THE SHIFT KNOB TO RATTLE OR BREAK.
ALWAYS SECURE SHIFT KNOB USING A JAM NUT OR BOOT RETAINER.
Shift Knob Installation Instructions with Brass Adapter and Jam Nut
1. Determine correct Adapter and Jam Nut size.
2. Clean all threads prior to installation
CAUTION - DO NOT PUT ADAPTER DIRECTLY INTO SHIFT KNOB
3. Thread (silver) Jam Nut onto shifter until no more than 3/4" of threads are visible above Jam Nut.
4. Place flat washer on shifter above Jam Nut (for smaller shifter diameters only)
5. Thread (brass) Adapter onto shifter until it touches the Jam Nut (or flat washer)
6. Install Shift Knob onto Adapter until it becomes snug.
CAUTION - DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN
7. Turn knob counter-clockwise until graphics are in desired position
8. Turn Jam Nut counter-clockwise until it is tight against bottom of Adapter.
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW SHIFT KNOB TO "BOTTOM OUT" ON SHIFTER SHAFT.
DAMAGE COULD RESULT WHICH IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.